Thursday, April 14, 2005

Mini Blog Update:

Mid-Week Update:

1) On Tues. Erin and I (& Juanita) watched Josh(nita) play a practice baseball game at the park right by our place…. Josh(nita) scored on an inside the park home-run on a walk…. He ran to first on the walk and kept going, it worked out well.

2) In the event that John Elliot stops by the blog, I’d like to extend my congrats to Liverpool for going through against Juventus in Champions League…. Who would have thought they’d have to wait for Michael Owen to ship out before they’d have some success in Europe? Here’s hoping Chelsea is destroyed by Liverpool in the semis.

3) Speaking of soccer…. I’m going to see RSL this weekend. As an aside, I have decided out of protest to not refer to Salt Lake’s MLS team by their ‘proper’ name… they shall be known on this blog only as ‘RSL’. Honestly – who’s idea was it to suck up to Utah’s Latino (read – Mexican) community by ripping off a Spanish team’s name, ignoring the historical setting in which that prefix (the ‘R’ in the acronym) was given to the three teams in the Spanish Liga that bear it, and then try to pawn it off on a largely homogenized community?

4) I’ve been pretty bummed out lately because: I haven’t hung out with Erin all week…..
This really sucks…. I know all of you who read this are thinking to yourselves… “I haven’t hung out with Erin either… am I depressed?” If you were honest with yourselves you’d realize that deep down inside, you all need some Umbriaco love at least once a week. Moving on… here’s the thing: Tuesdays are Erin and I’s only weekday to spend time with each other…. And this Tuesday we went to watch Josh(nita)’s B-ball game which was supposed to start at 5:30, but didn’t start until 7 because the field was double-booked, and then Juanita and Josh(nita) watched “The Amazing Race” at our house, while I read Harry Potter…. So by the time we were done with baseball and their TV program, we cleaned up a bit and went to bed. I didn’t get to see Erin at all yesterday ‘cause she works late on Wed, and on Wed. nights I have Gruppo de los hombres, so I didn’t get home until 10:30ish…. Tonight, we have Salt Company, and tomorrow we’re doing a 6 hr study of Galatians (6PM-Midnight)……. So Erin, if you read this today…. I think we should go out on a date this weekend and spend time with each other because I miss you a lot and you are my best friend in the whole world (along with Battlecat – who thus far exists only in my imagination, but is a steadfast companion nonetheless).

And now – a limerick dedicated to my wife – Erin:

I love my Hispanic wife,
Who couldn’t speak a lick of Spanish to save her life,
You are smart, bold, and pretty,
And for marrying me you deserve pity.
So go out with me this weekend, and end my strife!

3 comments:

Danny said...

How about a poem in honor of Battlecat?

Anonymous said...

Whore of Babylon doomed to destruction

jake and erin said...

Welcome to the blog Corey Lynn Duncan......