Monday, April 11, 2005

Charlie the Llama

www.charliethellama.com is without a doubt the sweetest site I've ever visited..... yes, it trumps llamapaedia.com - which had a good run, and is a close second for the discussion on Guard Llamas - which only gains lipservice on Charlie's website.... but let's face it - Charlie brings the street cred of a llama who has appeared on Japanese TV, and the revelation of communal dung piles which is objectively awesome.

I hope that one day I can witness Charlie in action. I give credit to my doppleganger - Tiffanizzle who came up with a brilliant powerpoint presentation (if I could figure out how to upload it I would.... anybody with that knowledge?) based on Charlie's activities. We viewed it together with Erin and Brandy on Saturday night - and upon viewing it, I found that my bank account balance was guadrupled, and my teeth were capped in gold.... this is the raw power that this site will bring your life - (caution - strict literalists beware of hyperbole used in text).

On Saturday I went to the state Science Olympiad and judged the Mission Possible competition with my good friends the Fershtut's. Only nerds can truly appreciate this event - but Science Olympiad really helped shape my life and career path, and if I hadn't got involved in 8th grade at Fairfield Junior High, I wouldn't be a geoscientist today. I'm not sure what the results of the junior high competition were, but Layton High did take state!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to Nancy Treasure and the Layton High Science Olympiad team!

On Sunday - Clint preached on Mt: 20, Erin and I were really enjoying the message... especially the comparison of Peter's behavior at the end of Mt 19 to that of his daughter Kate....but we had to leave early to drive up to Logan for Sticky's b-day party... so here's a shout out to Sticky - happy b-day.

On the first shall be last theme..... on Friday I did spend an hour and half talking with Sam about a whole bunch of things - including children in the covenant and sacraments (Now the presbyterians will having something to comment about on this post).

grace and peace,
jake

No comments: