Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Weak

"I've had plenty of joe-jobs.... nothing I'd call a career. Let me put it
this way; I have an extensive collection of name tags and hear nets."
-Wayne Campbell

And now.....watch as I extract something meaningful, yet most likely
entirely unrelated out of this sacred verse from Wayne's World.

I've noticed over the past several months that I've really been needing to
be more bold in my confession of sins. It seems easy to confess to the
brothers - (well I love the band and they're a great bunch of guys. Say
"lookin at her brings tears to my eyes." Said watchin her shake she gonna
give me a heart attack now baby... I said Snoop Doggy Dogg")

I'm sidetracked way to easily.... anyway back on topic. It seems easy and
comfortable to confess my sins to the brothers at men's group because I
feel like we all have similar troubles....and somehow there's solace in
that and it makes me complacent. I've been reading Mortification of Sin,
and over the past couple of weeks - the Holy Spirit has really renewed in
me a fresh hatred for my sin. Maybe now I can start confessing to myself
- to my heart - and truly striving to put sin to death, rather than
jumping from joe-job to joe-job w/o pursuing a career.

I smell bacon,

jake

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jake? Jake that use to pick me up from the airport all the time? Jake who use to keep in fairly decent communication with me? Jake "lets make quesadillas on my forman...but really not" Umbriaco? how are you sir?

jake and erin said...

Megan!!!

Hello.... thanks for the e-rebuke... I shall e-mail you promptly.... say hi to Seal Beach for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi there " jake & erin " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)