Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Back from Houston

Erin and I stayed the first two nights with this really cool couple Damitra and Griffin…. Damitra is from the Houston area, and Griffin is from Vashon Island (which is across from the Port of Tacoma, excellent). They are both believers which is sweet, and Griffin makes excellent breakfast which is an added bonus. One other sweet thing worth mentioning is that they have: Young Frankenstein, and Rocky and Bullwinkle on DVD….sweet.

So Erin and I looked at stuff all over the place…. We looked in Midtown (between downtown and med center), we looked out in the burbs (both inside and outside beltway 8), and we looked at stuff near the med center. We looked at thing well within our prices range, and way outside our price range. We actually found a property we really like, and our in the process of making an offer (after we decide we can really afford it). It’s a new 3-story townhome esque place (not actually touching other units…so I guess it’s technically a stand-alone unit). It has a red brick face, hardwood floors on the second level (kitchen and family room), the family room is two stories tall (this room is my favorite) stainless steel appliances, and were mulling over granite countertops.

Hieu hung out with us most of the weekend as our financial advisor, and was very gracious in letting us roam around town in his truck and stay at his place Sunday night. We did go to Doneraki’s (and were accompanied by Justin & Lauren Stone – Justin was my first friend in Houston when I was out there for an internship) which was a lot of fun. I ate all my food which was good, because usually I’m disgraced as Hieu chows down in front of me and I am left watching sadly as I am incapable of eating what’s on my plate.

We ate some BBQ whilst we were there which I thoroughly enjoyed, and we looked for some sofas.
Anyway, that was the weekend. Please be praying for us through this decision.

No comments: