Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes that everyone liked.....

Greetings all,
How was the Easter weekend? We had Good Friday service at Summit which was small but good....I really enjoy Good Friday service..... I may hold my own Good Friday service every Friday just to be safe. After Good Friday service, Erin and I watched the Utes be destroyed by a pretty weak Kentucky team.... Corey and Jenni viewed the game with us. Itwas during this time, that my true sports shame was revealed to the world. Erin and I filled out brackets for March Madness.... I was knocked out of the competition in the 1st round.... Erin won.

First Titanic..... now this....

I'm going to have to undergo hormonal therapy...like testosterone supplements. I think I need to go spend a week in a cave and live among Yaks to regain any semblance of manliness.....

Saturday I went to Layton to take Erin's car to the shop which was cool because I got to hang out with my parents for half the day.... and I don't get to hang with them too often. We ate at Denny's.

On Sunday Erin and I went to church where the Reverend C-Lint challenged us to consider the offense of believing someone could be resurrected from the dead. I thought it was a really good message!
Erin made cheesy potatoes and we prepared beef stew for Monday's comsumption.....We had dinner at Juanita's and were accompanied by my mom and dad and Doug, and lil jon pow, and E-Pac, and Jenny and Joshnita. The highlightf or me was watching Kentucky lose in 2OT. So anyway - I'm getting my preach on at Salt Co this Thursday..... we're going to dive into some Mary action....should be interesting. OK well...that's my weekend update.

Grace and Peace.
jake

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that the O2MGLC (O2 Men's Group Leadership Commitee) is going to have to convene this week to review your position as the Men's Group leader in light of your recent flagrant displays of shameful womanliness.

jake and erin said...

Thank you for that rebuke - I know it comes from the heart.... I will gladly step down if that is the wish of the O2MGLC.

I repent in dust and ashes.....