Sunday, November 27, 2005

Battlepost!

Here's some pictures in no particular order:

(L-R) Joshnita, Juanita (Happy Birthday!) Jennyita, Richita


My mom and I at the Broncos - Texans pre-season game which was sort of a microcosm of the two team's seasons.... the Texans lost... and the Broncos won! (note my mom keepin' it real in the old school Shannon Sharpe jersey)


This is Erin's grandma sprorting a sombrero! I love this picture!


This is a picture of the inside of our house.... sort of the dining area.....
and this is our living room...looking down from the 3rd floor



Jason Elam kicking the winning field-goal in OT against Dallas on Thanksgiving Day!


Battlecat in triple threat position ( she could 1)fall asleep, 2) drool everywhere 3) POUNCE!)



Erin and Jake in a self-portrait entitled "Were happy the Broncos are winning because the Utes sucked this year.... at least they beat BYU!"

And now for a long awaited update:


First off,

Some new terminology: A new adjective I've been using - 'battliferous'
Battliferous describes Battlecat's state of being... she could be sad, happy, or battliferous. I've also been using 'battle' to modify all sorts of words regarding battlecat. She has a battlebox where we keep her toys... she goes outside for a battlepoop etc.

Battlecat also lost her first three teeth (that we know of) this weekend... Erin and I put them in a plastic bag and they are hanging on the fridge until the battletooth fairy can make a visit!

Here's the update on the humans that reside in Battlecat's domicile:

I saw Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire twice! I saw it with Hieu and his friend, and then Erin and I saw it with her friend Lan! I liked it a lot, although I thought the movie progressed at a very quick pace.....

On Wed. evening Erin's family (Juanita, Joshnita, Jennyita, and Richita) arrived and on Thurs. morning we began our Thanksgiving adventure. We rented a minivan and drove to Dallas to watch the Broncos v Cowboys game and celebrate Juanita's 50th b-day! The Broncos won despite their best efforts and we had to hit the road to make it back to Houston in prep for Day-after-Thanksgiving shopping and to return the minivan by midnight. Juanita and Joshnita went to Circuit City at 1:30 AM to wait in line for a computer. Friday we actually ate Thanksgiving Dinner, and on Saturday the nita's returned home to SLC.

Things have been really crazy as battlecat has sought out and destroyed many elements of our home.... she chewed two holes into the dry wall in our garage, and chewed through the foam which lines the intake vavles of our outdoor AC unit.....she also dug several holes in our backyard... which is cool. I think this aggressive behavior stems from the fact that she has not yet called upon the Power of Greyskull.....I hope that one day soon, I shall come home and find her adorned with a green coat and yellow stripes!

Erin and I have both been excited about meeting new people at work and school.... a gal in Erin's class moved in near us so we've visited her and her husband a couple of times which is cool! The diversity here has really helped Erin and I to grow individually and as a couple in Christ as we see the expression of the Body manifest in different cultures and settings. So many unique situations all calling for redemption.

Well.... I must be off to bed... I want to thank Chris Dean and Jonathan Hays for having short IM conversations with me even though I wasn't online.... the upstairs computer auto-logs in to my IM account...

Happy December.

-jake

p.s. I made a pumpkin pie shake today!

6 comments:

The Bearded said...

Jake,

The Broncos' game was Battlighteous! I am more than thrilled that we downed the "Evil of which we do not speak".

I actually missed most of the game as it was dinner time in Wichita. I am thankful that there was at least one man of God in the stands rooting for our beloved Broncos!--great pics by the way!

LET'S GO BRONCOS!

John Roberson said...

Shannon Sharpe is teh rox0r.

Anonymous said...

how about sometime tomorrow (Saturday), we will call ya'll about it tonight! Your house is pretty on the inside!

Anonymous said...

short IM conversations with me even though I wasn't online.... the upstairs computer auto-logs in to my IM account...

Jake, are you sure this isn't some sort of Microsoft/AOL mind control Jedi Mind trick? How are we to know when it's the "real" Jake?

-----A friend...

Danny said...

The fact that you can get that shot of your living room from your third floor is quite cool in itself.

Very impressive.

Anonymous said...

Dude, way to represent the Broncos. I'm proud

-Cousin Heather