Monday, October 31, 2005

At least the Utes had a bye week....

So I'm on my way to Minute Maid park to walk onto the field for Game 3 of the World Series... and who should call but my hetero-lifemate Jonathan Hays (www.firstfloorflat.com) from Scotland.... he's like - Hey dude what are you doing? and I was like.... ummmm.... I'm about to walk onto the field for the World Series..... Now this isn't all that far-fetched of a thing for me to say. I will from time to time become delusional and exhort certain teams in certain situations to "put in Umbriaco"... but this time I really was going to walk onto the field. I got an e-mail at work that our company needed 100 volunteers to hold a flag at the pre-game ceremonies for game 3 of the World Series..... I wasn't really sure what it involved so I signed up and got the opportunity to go along with two friends from work, Kevin & Tiffni. It turned out that we were going to be holding a football field length American Flag for the Star-Spangled Banner..... and that was intense. It's pretty intimidating to walk out onto the field with thousands of people going nuts... I was a runner so I unfurled the flag and charged out toward centerfield.....



So the Astros got swept in the series..... I guess that's how it goes......but it was AMAZING to be able to walk onto the field and see Nolan Ryan throw out the first pitch... and run past all the 'Stros as they were warming up.... I'm at the top of the flag at the intersection of the stars and stripes and if you zoom in on the picture, I drew a circle around myself......

Well - that was intense and the rest of the week sort of pales in comparison. I saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galalxy which was awesome and Lazlo the Destroyer (dannysmixingdesk.blogspot.com) recorded an instrumental tribute "Meditations on Battlecat" which will be released on an EP entitled "Requiem for a Quadriped" under ginodean.net's label sometime around the holidays..... seriously when I figure out how to upload an mp3.... you will all be blazed with this musical treat that will challenge your soul to soar beyond Infinite's Endpoint as a veritable LightBlade of liquid MEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Ummm... that last paragraph was all one big inside thing.... so if you don't get it... that would be my proverbial 'bad'. Although it is true that Danny did record this wicked track, and I really will upload it when I figure it out.... speaking of Battlecat - Erin and I stepped out in faith and purchased a bed for battlecat. Currently our stuffed lion Eri Zohar and our newly acquired plush heffalump reside on the bed where Battlecat will live once we acquire the as of yet gender non-descript dog. We've decided to take our time acquiring things we need for a dog so when we're ready to get one - we'll be all ready for it...... even bought a book on raising a dog at half-price books (where there was a book for sale called "Jewish Gay Mysticism" which sounded intriguing.... perhaps another time).

Dude.... I'm currently enveloped in the trill-licious tones of Danny's electric and I have to say that deep within my soul I'm inclined to make the metal sign and scream "Trogdor" .... ah once again I digress to the inside jokes.... my bad. Anyway - Danny you rule.

Erin finished her Block 2 exams and has begun the home stretch toward Block 3 and cumulatives... her last exam before we get to come home for Christmas - so be lifting her up in prayer!

Once last piece of news before I sign off.... as was reported here: Sticky Paul Rudnicki is engaged to Christina - hooray! And just yesterday my sister Amy calls with some news of her own..... two Rudnicki's engaged at once!!!! Wow... so it looks like weddings will keep Erin and I traveling next year.

I shall blog again this week with something more coherent.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "Hitchhiker" movie wasn't really as bad as some of the book's devotees claim, though I can assure you that if you liked the movie, you'd love the book. Douglas Adams' humour is great.

And seeing as you seem to have all this spare time on your hands, you oughtta pick 'em all up. They're really quite easy but very entertaining reads.

Anonymous said...

I will hang Eri again someday.

Danny said...

Putfile.com is a good place to upload and reference files from (it's where my "100th Sheep" mp3 is hosted.)

Dan's Mom said...

From Sticky Rudnicki's Aunt Pat... just reading the world according to Jake Umbriaco. Interesting.
HG2TGalaxy was terrific.
Comments on religious ethnocentricity were correct, but I offer no solutions. Dittos on two weddings and a ??? Join my on my blog: picklebilge
:-)

Anonymous said...

you have a dog named battlecat?
I'm so confused

-
Loves,
Joel