Saturday, October 01, 2005

At least I'm not like Snow-Mob

Yes reading public,

I have heard your cry.... post....post. I say to you - hey.... at least I haven't gone a month without posting (unlike another schmuck I know - not mentioning any names..... www.csnow.blogspot.com).

Well.... it's my blog policy to not discuss work-related matters online... so there's not a whole lot to post about. I was in CO and WY for the week doing some on-campus recruiting for my company.

Here are some non-company things I observed:

1) Being away from Erin sucks..... those of you who have spouses should join with me in protesting airlines to allow a spouse as a 'carry-on'...... I could carry Erin on the plane.....

2) It was awesome to be in CO for the Monday night - Denver v KC game.... I got to watch most of the second half from this great steak place in Boulder with fellow bronco maniacs.... and that was beautiful....

P.S. Erin I still love you more than Broncos......

3) Boulder is really pretty and I now have a more full realization of ginodean.net's constant obsessions with the place..... as an aside... Chris, Becky, and I couldn't hook up.... I was only in the Boulder area for one night and didn't get finished with work until after 10.... so I guess I'll see you two in SLC over Christmas?

4) I didn't get to see Justin and Lauren Stone in Ft. Collins for the same reason, but I did manage to sneak over to the math building (which is right by where we parked) and visit Will Newton which was awesome.... it was good to see Will - he was a really important guy in my life when I was on campus, especially w/ the Bonhoeffer study.... Will's a sharp guy.

5) Ft. Collins was also beautiful... and I'm suffering cold weather withdrawls.

6) WY has an amazing geology building and some of the nicest faculty I've ever met......

7) I really enjoyed the plane ride there and back as I got to sit next to a colleague from work and he is a believer so we had great conversations both ways!

8) Erin's grandpa (her dad's stepdad) passed this week - so it was hard not to be with her for support when she got the news, and I think it has really caused her to think about how old her mom's parents are getting. Strange how death is such a wake-up call for the rest of us.....

9) I still miss Erin now that I'm back... she's behind on studying for med school......

Well.... those are my week away from home observations.... remember to petition your local airline carriers!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to have you back in muggy, sweaty Houston. Also good to see you at my house this morning. Also good to see a shirt from the 8th grade. Also good to stop writing these similar sentances now.

Danny said...

There once was a man named Jake
Who, being away from Erin, he did hate
But he marched like a solider
And went to work in boulder
Until his loneliness did finally abate

The half rhymes make it more "post-modern."

Grace, Peace, V, and Hz.

Anonymous said...

cheerio by alabster lad, your brother serves me quite well, the weather is nice here...those fat bottomed girls drive me wild.........uhh...right

jake and erin said...

Jolly good comments Eric James... Danny - thanks for the limerick!

jake and erin said...

p.s. Bill - anyplace muggy and sweaty is a good place to be with you....

p.p.s. this was my first post to get spam comments......

John E said...

I assume since you didn't mention it, your house was still standing after the hurricane???

JE

Anonymous said...

Jake,

Glad you're back! Equally happy about the Broncos! Amazing...after the first game I was worried. Starting to breath again.

I was on the Gulf this past weekend helping out with relief efforts there. Thankful, very much so, that the two of you were spared.

Blessings.

Anonymous said...

Went to Colorado and didn't look up your old cousin Heather? Shame on you! Next time you are in town, give me a call (I'm 15 minutes from Boulder) 720-530-8643. Love, H