Saturday, June 04, 2005

Deep in the Heart of Texas

At last!!!!!!!!!!

We have internet access at our new place!!!!!! (Pictures to come in the next couple of days).
So here's the update:

We arrived in Houston on Wed of last week, and stayed through Saturday evening with our friends Justin & Lauren Stone - we had a great time with them and we ate a lot of really good food! On Saturday we spent our first night at our new house (we slept on ThermaRests) - and our dads arrived on Sunday with all our stuff. Stone (Justin) and Hieu helped us move in.... which was great 'cause there are three floors in our place.

I started work on Wed, and everything has gone well so far. Erin and I joined the YMCA....(I'm the Indian, she's the Construction Worker) and in theory we're getting Dish Network installed today. Our water is still yellow.... but at least the city has been really good about coming out to flush it etc.

Anyway.... more details to come.... hopefully we'll be able to e-mail people back as we've had no access for a couple of weeks.

love,

jake and erin

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bro-

Sorry we didn't get to hang out. Needless to say, the weekend was packed. I didn't really get the time to myself that I had hoped for, as my mom put me to work babysitting an uncle, driving my dad through the horrid Houston traffic, etc.

Just the same, drop me a line or give me a call. We should make out.

Late-
Fuerst

<><

jake and erin said...

Ginodean.net - I am going to wear your t-shirt this weekend... in fact when I visit Ecclesia I will wear it and make a point of walking in front of Robby Seay several times....

Fuerst - It's a given that we should make out! Speaking of which.... it sounds like your fiancee didn't end up coming... e-mail me about that.