Monday, March 06, 2006

Update

Here's Erin's Birthday Present!
Erin and I sitting on her new piano benchErin and Brandy gettin' their craft on
Brandy w/ Battlecat on the Love Sac (note blanket protecting Brandy's skin from touching suede!)
Battlecat in her natural habitat
Battlecat hanging out on the futon
Long time no post..... my bad. Things have been crazy here lately: Erin has been sick - since she's been sick she had to miss some school which stressed her out.... stress + sick = sad. Sad Erin received some sad news and flew back to SLC today to be with her grandfather who, after suffering a major stroke in January, has taken a turn for the worse. All of that is a lot to handle for her....
We were stoked to have Brandy with us before Erin got sick.... Brandy was quite ingenuitive with her sewing endeavors engineering a spindle out of several DVDs and a pencil. We also discovered Lee's Burgers and More. Lee is this older Asian dude who runs a burger/chinese food joint a couple blocks from our house. Lee's special: 1/3 lbs. Burger, Fries, and a Drink: $3.29..... amazing! The other food revelation was: General Joe's located in the Fiesta down the street. This too is amazing. Erin and I have grieved being apart from Chop Suey Luey's and the Chinese Food place in Smith's on 9th and 9th.... General Joe's has helped me cope.... cheap Chinese - the General Joe's Combo also less than $4!
Random Thoughts:
1) Broncos cutting Mike Anderson = weak.
2) The Utes Men's B-Ball Team sucks worse than I've ever seen them suck..... which sucks. No march madness makes me sad.
3) Houston 1836 changed their name to Houston Dynamo
4) Erin and I are stoked for the new Hays addition!
Please pray for Erin and her family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah...finally you update your blog. I told Erin to hit you to get you on the move and obviously it worked! Love the pictures of Battlecat...I think Alamo and Battlecat would get along GREAT! Praying for ya'll and Erin's family!

jake and erin said...

Sarah,
I confess I took a queue from Jonathan's wedding gift to you...I'm glad that the package actually got to you!

Jess!!!!
Hooray for visiting the blog! Alamo and Battlecat would be instant friends and they will have to meet. When are you returning to the homeland of TX?

Chris,
Battlecat attempts to lick the pedals but is sharply rebuked by Erin whenever she does.

Anonymous said...

aw..the piano is beautiful..Im so jealous!

Danny said...

The natural habitat pic is perfect.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the other day about my days at the U...remember when you met me and I was but a wide-eyed freshman, and now here I am six weeks from being a college grad! Glad to see life is going well in Texas Mr. Umbriaco!
-Megan E.