Monday, March 13, 2006

The Stella Link

Jonathan and Sarah had a baby..... Tiffany and Nolan just had number two..... pretty much every human I went to high school with has had a baby..... so what is keeping us from having one.....

This thought occurred to me yesterday as Erin and I read the news that Sarah had given birth...... but as I thought about it some more I just didn't think I could live with the guilt.

Can you imagine the pyschological trauma this child would suffer? How could I ever look my child in the face and explain that this person that Erin and I brought into the world was born.... in Texas?

They issue you three things upon birth in Texas:
1) Birth Certificate
2) Concealed Weapons Permit
3) Gift certificate for http://www.texasjacks.com/

Even if we moved when the child was very young - I don't think they can ever fully repress the memories of Texas. The child would always fight an overwhelming desire to listen to country music... Erin and I have already begun intensive shock therapy to convince ourselves that we're actually in Deleware..... how could we do this to a child?

Alas, poor Battlecat is showing many symptoms of a dog who is clearly aware of where she is from..... She keeps bringing home flyers for this place:

http://www.trayerscowdogs.com/index.html



If I ever post a picture of Battlecat in this kind of a get up.... you'll know that Erin and I have reached the breaking point....

On an entirely different note: Erin and I were up in Ft. Worth where we consumed many ribs with Brandy, Marylin, Doug, (assorted canines & stuffed armadillos) and Sean and Rachel who were in town for spring break!

This weekend the Duncans are visiting the fair state of TX so we're looking forward to seeing them..... and the next weekend.... the wedding of Chicago Sticky.

That is all for now

5 comments:

The Bearded said...

What if you took a trip around the time of birth? Would the scars of spending the first months after birth still be too much later in life?

ps--country music isn't that bad.

Anonymous said...

As a native Texan, all I can say is...wow. I guess I'll go round up my trusty steed, untie him from the cactus he's tied to, and head on down to the local saloon for some moonshine. Thataway, I can just wear my dungarees and boots, I won't have to get all gussied up like I would if I was gonna ride to one of them fancy eateries with the electric light. Yeeha.

jake and erin said...

Blessings of peace upon you ChristopherGinoDean.net, surely this is a word from the Lord.

Anonymous said...

Tragedy being born in Texas...I BEG to differ!!! It was the best thing that happend to me 2nd to knowing Jesus :) I'm saddened by your thoughts Jake!

CCR said...

I'll alleviate your trepidations by letting you know that our first offspring was hatched out in the Lone Star State, & really there haven't been any negative shockwaves or after-effects of it.

She's polite, well-behaved, academically gifted, involved in lots of social 3rd grade activities as well as soccer .... although just the other day she got drunk & pistol-whipped a girl in her class while screaming 'Remember the Alamo, beeeyaaach!' after which she used multiple cigarette burns to write 'Hook'em' on the girl's bare back (if she'd been a boy she could have just written "Don't Mess with Texas" on the pavement in urine, as is the custom).

Also, the bowlcut's idea about live birth at a Bronco's game is really brilliant & all, but with your luck they'd lose that day .... to the Houston Texans.