Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lions and Tigers and Alligators... Oh My

This weekend Erin and I went to church with Hieu at Crosspoint. Crosspoint is a ministry of West U Baptist Church & they serve fair trade coffee.....

On Monday Erin had a retreat with her fellow 1st year med students. Erin and another gal were canoeing during the retreat, and Erin spotted an alligator some 30ft from them.... so she kept her cool and they paddled the other way to safety.... Praise the Lord for that mercy.... Erin gets freaked out talking about it - so I'm glad that God granted her that season of calm.

Erin got back from the retreat on Tuesday and she's had orientation on campus every day this week. She starts school on Monday and I'm so excited for her! Please be praying for us - I'm sure we'll both need extraordinary patience and understanding as we start this journey.

Lately I've been listening to messages from the pastor of FBC Durham. My old accountability partner Line attends that church... and it so happens that they're preaching through Romans in the morning (just finished Ro 9) and Hebrews in the evenings - which is a great combo! www.fbcdurham.com

Anyway - not a whole lot to say right now - I miss my family....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you jake poo, ps. RBF will
be here next wednesday. wahoo!!

-
Loves
Joel

Anonymous said...

hey jake pow, this is jon and mom, mom says you have way too much time on your hands, she thinks you need to get a hobby!....perhaps pursuing bareback llama riding

Danny said...

I think that God has definitely instilled a manner in Erin that will help her in medical work. When a crisis erupts, she remains calm. Shivering like jell-o afterwards is perfectly acceptable, but being able to stay cool in the face of the unexpected is a great gift.

Anonymous said...

Dear Erin, Mom & I wanted to congratulate you for getting through your first few days of medical school !! This is huge. When all is said and done, you will remember these first few days. We are proud of you !!! Jake, Mom is really looking forward to her trip your direction and seeing both of you. I miss you and look forward to whatever future days God plans for us to be together!!! Enjoy !!! By the way, I hope you found some way to cool the house down a bit without spending a fortune...

Dad