Thursday, May 05, 2005

First Real Post in a while

The crazy month of May –

I had lunch with Josh Rosenthal today….. (www.joshrosenthalmusic.com) I’ll miss talking to Josh…. he’s a good guy to chat theology with. I really like people that you can talk about the Lord with…. Anyway Josh is proposing tonight so let’s hope Becky says yes!

Today I had my big work presentation…. I felt bad, because the thrust of the presentation was to convince the drilling community to utilize the state’s logging services, and I think they were all pretty amped about the possibilities, but I’m leaving in a week….. I like to know that things are settled with a job and someone’s there to step in before I leave…. But this won’t be the case, and that’s too bad. They’ve really treated me well at the State.

Anyway, that was big load off….the last real pressing thing I have to do (other than the whole pack and clean our place thing….) before moving to Houston. Tomorrow, my boy Sticky is graduating from USU w/ his MS in Economics, and then I’m back in SLC for Jenny’s graduation (Finance)…. A bunch of people are graduating…. Il cane (Corey Duncan) graduates today…. Brandy Patrick is graduating….. a bunch of people….so that’s really what will be filling my weekends…. Graduation parties. Erin and I are hosting the mother’s day festivities at our place which should be good provided the mothers don’t have a joint emotional breakdown!!!!!

So here’s the timeline for the Umbriaco move:
Monday May 16th: Pack up the Penske Truck and clean the house
Monday night or Tuesday: Head out to Houston
Wednesday: Inspect our new place with the builder
Thursday May 19th: Dad and Jim Rudnicki head out with the Penske Truck towing Erin’s car
Friday May 20th: Close on our home!!!! Buy a fridge or a llama… still a toss-up
Saturday May 21st: Truck arrives…. Unload etc.
Sunday May 22nd: Dad and Jim fly back to SLC
Thursday or Friday: Erin and I may fly to Ethan’s wedding in MN (we found super cheap flights… we can both fly roundtrip to MN for the cost of one ticket to SLC…..)
Sunday May 29th: Arrive back in H-Town
June 1 – I start my new job!

Should be a crazy month……

Erin and I ordered some new books, and I’m very excited for the birthday present I graciously purchased for myself:

A New Systematic Theology of the Christan Faith by Dr. Robert Reymond!

Tonight, Erin and I are going to Corey’s graduation party…. I haven’t seen Corey much since he got married…. I see him every Wed. at Men’s Group, but we generally don’t have time to sit around and talk… and that’s sad… but that’s the way it goes with newlyweds…. I’ll miss Corey a lot as well…. He’s one person who I really respect and look up to.

Well…. That’s it for today.

2 comments:

Danny said...

Yeah, yeah! Fridge's only hold food, but a llamas offer wool, security, companionship...and are rad.

Llama first, battlecat second, fridge last.

Anonymous said...

A