Tuesday, January 24, 2006

First Day of School


Battlecat had her first day of school today! Doggy Obedience School is every Tuesday at 6:30 at the local Petsmart. Battlecat is terrified of the car.... but when she is surrounded by other canines she's in her element. Today all the dogs in the class got to sniff each other's butts until they were satisfied that there were no communist spies in their midst. Although my own butt was not sniffed, I felt like I was a part of their ritual and I think it's a cruel imposition by society that humans aren't allowed to indulge their own natural urge to sniff one another.

In other news - the Broncos lost, at home..... in the AFC Championship game.... to the Steelers. I don't hate the Steelers.... I hate that Plummer had four turnovers.....I think it's weak that the Broncos abandoned the run - and I think if the Steelers did that to our secondary - I'm glad we got shelacked by them and not the Colts who would certainly have destroyed us for the third year running........

I did think that Plummer had some amazing scrambles and got out of a ton of near sacks.... unfortunately he left the ball on the ground when he was escaping one too many times.
Maybe next year.....

As an aside.... if Roethlisberger wasn't injured mid-season that game could very well have been in Pittsburgh.

That's about it for me.... I appreciate all the comments from my last post.... especially those from 'Anonymous' - I was really encouraged by your comments.... I need to call you soon.

P.S. The picture doesn't have anything to do with the post.... I just thought I'd throw it up there..... anyone know where it was taken at?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

seattle I think?

The Bearded said...

Ditto on the Broncos game. I couldn't agree more.

Nothing against Holmgren, but in two weeks, I will be cheering for Big Ben and the Bus.

Anonymous said...

I remember talking to you about
this picture. (grrrr, I can't remember where its from)

seattle is a good guess.

anyways Hi jake,
so I have some news I wanted to share from with. I won a tournament for Paper,Rock,Scissors.(no kidding) I entered as a joke and I won, so now I go to the regionals and if I win at the regionals. I go to vegas for 3 days for a chance to 50,000. (sweet!)

second this is talk of me getting a tour manager for a possible tour end of this year. Its still very up in the air. I not trying to get myself excited for anything until I actually see some confirmations.

third, I had an interview with a new company called mstar (mstar.net)
they rock! and I will know by friday if I have the job.
anyways I gotta get back to work.

Loves,
Joel

CCR said...

Let's see ...

I'm guessing the photo may have been taken in a city whose team didn't commit 4 turnovers on their home field & whose defense didn't get torched by a traditionally 'running team' by allowing every third & long to get converted.

... so I guess that leaves Seattle.