Monday, December 12, 2005

Battleplan

Battlecat set about on her quest for world domination..... I was speaking with Sticky (ostrichjockey.blogspot.com) about this - and he has a theory: Battlecat has been socialized toward world domination.... by calling her Battlecat we've given her a Napoleon (Bonaparte) complex and she is actively pursuing the expansion of her territory (perhaps Battlecat is familiar with the Prayer of Jabez).......

Anyway Battlecat's quest was marked by the digging of several holes in the backyard and then she began to wage inside our home.... Battlecat consumed: A pair of black sandals that Erin wore all the time, one brown shoe that I bought Erin recently, 1 pair of blue old-navy flip flops, and my Broncos beanie...... But who am I to complain... clearly she was operating under the power of Greyskull.....

Erin and I didn't do a whole lot this past weekend, Erin's been studying for her med school exams so please be in prayer for her... this is a huge week of tests for her.

Battlecat and I walked along a running path around the perimeter of Rice University this weekend.... Battlecat enjoyed it so much that when we got back into the car after an hour or so of walking she threw up and then slept for like the next four hours.....

Oh yeah! Kevin Eastham and I went to the Galleria (which is a mega-huge mall) for wife Christmas shopping - it was a good bonding experience. Usually I am way ahead of the curve on Christmas shopping.... and this year is no different.... I got Erin's main present in late July.... but I haven't hoarded away any other presents since then so I'm scrambling.....

One other thing I should note..... it has been downright chilly here in Houston lately... last week the high was in the low 40's all week.... I also discovered that the main heater in our house isn't functioning... so eventually the temp in our house equilibrated... I don't think Erin was bothered too much by it because she was at school studying all week, but Battlecat and I were almost popsicled. But fear not.... this is Houston... the current temp in our home is 67 deg.

Here's an online synopsis of Battlecat that I found.....
(It helps to read He-Man as 'Jake')

A worthy friend to He-Man, this fierce green and yellow furball is equipped with a saddle and helmet, ready for combat. His loyalty to He-Man is unquestioned as is his bravery in battle. He only becomes Battlecat when Prince Adam becomes He-Man. Otherwise he remains the sleepy tiger, Cringer.
Battlecat can pick up the scent of Skeletor's evil pet, Panthor, across great distances. The two battling animals despise each other and when they clash, they fight with incredible fury, leaping and clawing at each other with thunderous roars. A ferocious furry friend to He-Man, Battlecat is aptly named.

4 comments:

Danny said...

"Battlecat enjoyed it so much that when we got back into the car after an hour or so of walking she threw up and then slept for like the next four hours....."

The sign of true enjoyment! I myself do not go to Guitar Center to look at gear anymore, because only at home can I be comfortable with barfing into an emesis cup and then slumbering for a time.

Anonymous said...

Battlecat tried to eat my house today! Literally..I caught her chewing on the side of the garage today but I banged on the window, she new she was caught, so she stopped. She actually listens well for such a youngin. She wanted EVERYONE'S food bowls tonight but all I had to say was "you already ate piggy" and she stopped! She's such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

"one brown shoe that I bought Erin recently"

He-Man Would buy his warrior princess TWO shoes. One for each foot.

Signed... A Friend

Anonymous said...

Hey Jake,
Hopefully you read this. Can you send me your Mom's e-mail? She wrote me a letter and said I could e-mail her, but didn't leave the address!

Mine is: hughe037@regis.edu

Thanks,
Cousin Heather

p.s. Battlecat sounds..... "interesting"