Sunday, August 14, 2005

To those shooting in darkness.... a light has dawned

This has been an intense week:

Erin had her "White Coat Ceremony" on Friday night. White Coat ceremony is where all the first year med students receive white coats - sort of symbolic of the longer white coats that MDs wear..... anyway for this occasion, my mom, Erin's mom, and Erin's grandma came out for the weekend. They arrived Thursday and they got back to SLC today.

On Friday I drove the ladies down to Galveston to visit with the Gulf of Mexico while Erin was in class..... that evening we went to the ceremony and consumed cookies and punch! Saturday was family day at Baylor College of Medicine.... one of the classes Erin takes is called IPS (integrated problem solving) where she gets together with a small group of students and they review case studies and work together to diagnose a problem.... so anyway for family day they thought it would be fun if the family got involved.....

Our case study involved a little girl who had blood and mucus in her stool..... after that bit of excitement they pulled out some brains and a heart etc..... it was a great day....I don't know that I can capture how exciting it is to have a wife who comes home and tells me stories of her work with a cadaver....

Anyway - on Saturday night we all went to see the Broncos defeat the Texans in preseason action.... oddly enough Plummer didn't turn the ball over... hopefully he'll get back on track next week.

This morning we went to Braeswood Assembly of God with Juanita and my mom.... we could only stay for an hour because we had to pick up Erin's grandma, Bernice, from the Catholic church she was at..... during the hour that we were at service we sang the entire time, and we're in fact still singing when we left.... that's a lot of singing.....

Well - Erin and I miss our family - and it was fun to have house guests.... we exposed them to IKEA and I hope that blessing goes with them!

I have one non-family related note that I've been dying to blog about.....

On Thursday - fire descended on the court of the Downtown YMCA and the second blessing - the annointing of the Holy Ghost Reverse Layup was poured out on some sucka who had the audacity to try and guard me baseline..... all I have to say about the encounter is that I played for the entire hour that I was at the gym (and the losing team has to leave the court).
Reverse Layups = Wins..... I think the Franchi$e should take a cue from my game and bust some reverse layups on unsuspecting centers around the NBA.....

OK - that is all.....

4 comments:

Danny said...

Clearly, Ezekiel 25:17 (as delivered by Samuel L Jackson) describeth the retribution laid upon those who disregard the reverse layup.

Anonymous said...

I pity the foo who tries to stop the reverse lay up of the Great Umbriaco. It can't be done.

Corey D

Anonymous said...

this is the artist jon cow, formely postin as eric james...why don't you a...ya know blog again.
"if it twer me...that would be...tweriffic!"

CCR said...

Your post leadeth me temporarily out of the metal genre & into the soft melodie (British spelling intentional) of Glen Campbell,

"Galveston, Oh Galveston,
I still hear your sea waves crashing
While I hear your canons flashing
I clean my gun
And dream of Galveston.

Galveston, Oh Galveston,
I am so afraid of dying
Before I see her tears drying
Before I see those seagulls flying..."

Strange lyrics by the uncle of one Chauncey Allen Webb, thank you very much.

Now a verse: "And I shall layup reversedly upon thee with all swiftness, thy confused and bewildered jock dangling foolishly in the breeze thereafter," declareth the Umbriaco.

p.s. - Plummer didn't play nearly long enough to throw a pic, plus everyone knows you don't pull out your full arsenal in preseason. He's saving the big ones for the big games.