Tuesday, May 06, 2008

1 Corinthians 15:50-58

I got to preach this Sunday on the last 8 verses of 1 Corinthians 15. The last time I tried to invite co-workers to hear me speak at church my text was Jonah in the belly of the whale.... this weekend... the resurrection.

Random Aside:

For a phenomenal read on hard to answer questions about God (like: Why is there so much suffering and evil, what's up with miracles... etc.) I highly recommend Tim Keller's: The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism. The book is written primarily for intellectual skeptics - the arguments mix the philosophical with the practical and I found it incredibly engaging..... plus I have a theological man crush on Tim Keller... but seriously folks... buy the book today. In fact - if your interested and can't find the cash I'll buy the book for you.
Random Aside Completed.

Anyway - I doubt that the message will ever make it's way to the internet. About 5 minutes in I noticed some people waving at me from the back.... my lapel mic wasn't on. I reached into my back pocket and flipped the switch.... still nothing. I didn't want to mess with it so I just tried to project and press on. Afterwards I discovered that the chord came unplugged when I put the battery pack (which was on) in my pocket.... weak.

So no audio - which is unfortunate because I'm pretty sure I uttered the phrase 'Holy Ghost grenades' and nothing edifies the soul quite like that.

Should some audio surface it shall be located here:

I'm preaching the middle two weeks of June on Gal. 3 so hopefully I'll have all my plugging issues in order. Until then dear listener I leave you with this picture to meditate on:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the phrase "Holy Ghost grenades" is actually a melding of the two phrases ... "lobbing Jesus bombs" ... and ... "Holy Ghost spaceships." Whose combined effect I would argue even surpass in their edifying nature, if it is possible, "Holy Ghost grenades." Thanks for preaching on Sunday. I especially appreciated your words on "the sting of death is sin and the power of sin is the law."

Rebecca said...

You have been very busy since I checked your blog last...Italy, South Africa, preaching! How exciting!!

Thank you so much for the cute outfits that you sent for Graham! I can't wait for them to fit him!!! That was so sweet of ya'll!!

the kings said...

I am still laughing from reading the "Holy Ghost grenades" bit. I hope some audio does surface. Tyler and I will definitely be tuning in. :)