Wednesday, April 04, 2007

He's got fluid




I saw that the Duncan's posted this month... so I felt like I should as well....
I guess there hasn't been much going on lately. I've been sick for a while. I went to the dr. three weeks ago or so and got some medicine.... then I felt OK for like a week, and I've been sick for like the last two weeks. Last night it was 83 deg in our house but I couldn't get warm... I had slippers and pants on, Erin wrapped me in lots of blankets but I was still shivering.... then when I finally fell asleep I woke up like an hour later in a pool of sweat.... not a lot of fun. Battlecat did me the honour of keeping my feet warm though - she's recently decided that our moving around should be no obstacle to her comfort on our bed.....
Last weekend Erin and I were in SLC for a very brief visit. I had the opportunity to teach part of one of my favorite classes at the U for work so that kept me busy. We also got to attend Jonathan Hays' ordination which was awesome.
Anyway - I really don't have much to blog about lately.... I suppose we have had some significant things happen..... Erin finished her Internal Medicine rotation, we went to the annual Charity Ball with her med school friends, and Erin has been on a two week break from rotations before she spends two weeks on dermatology and then she'll start her pediatrics rotation. Erin has been cleaning the house like a crazy person and she's been making me soup while I've been sick.

Erin and I have re-discovered the glory of Capri Suns - I'm enjoying Wild Cherry while Erin partakes of Strawberry-Kiwi. We've also been watching a lot of Scrubs re-runs.




Here's a picture of Erin and some of her med school friends (Marianne (U of U grad) and Luke (BYU grad)) preparing for a presentation they had to give.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jakey and Erin...sorry I missed ya'll when you were in town. I've been sick for 2 weeks too...poopy! I don't have poppy but I have felt like poopy. Glad your puppies are still ruling the house. Alamo says howdy....and REMEMBER her!

I'll be in Texas this weekend for Nate and Bekah's wedding...up in Weatherford...yeehaw!

Jim said...

Sick? silly excuse for not blogging. Hey, Amy's been a little under the weather too. Enough already!

Sorry I didn't get to see you in Utaw

Cute puppies...

Mr R

The Bearded said...

At least you have an excuse. I've been feeling fine and still have had a hard time coming up with new postings.

ps--Dan and his finance bought a house in Houston this past week. I'll try to find out where and pass along the contact info.

Paul said...

Yes, why should the comfort of the humans of the household bother the animals? Our house has two cats, and their mission in life is to take over our bed entirely.

wears thai pants said...

Its about time you posted! Glad things are going well and that you're feeling better. Jon and I are awaiting season 5 of scrubs on dvd, so we know how that is ;)