Thursday, February 22, 2007

Congratulations Line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been in a two week training course on geophysical principles of seismic acquisition/processing which has been really interesting.... anyway this morning I checked my e-mail and saw an e-mail from the smiling man pictured above.... Line Dempsey!
Many moons ago - I was in a bible study with John Harty and he introduced me to Line.... as a new christian Line spent a lot of time with me praying and studying the Word together.... we even did an online Bible Study together when I was living in Seattle.....
Anyway - Line was e-mailing to announce his engagement to Terri and I couldn't be happier - so congratulations Line & Terri....
Line also introduced me to the ministry of Dr. Andew Davis an MIT educated pastor in NC who happens to be my inspiration for memorizing books of the Bible...... (http://www.fbcdurham.org/)
Not much going on in Umbriaco-land.... Erin and I took the dogs for a run today... and now I'm hungry.

2 comments:

The Bearded said...

Line and I have been playing phone-tag the past week...I guess he had some BIG news to share. WAY TO GO LINE! This truly is great news and I think this post is a fitting tribute to a dear brother.

Unknown said...

Thanks man! You've been an awesome friend. Terri's mom tried to find our website, and ran across yours! I had forgotten to tell Terri about your post, so I got an email from Terri today saying she had found your site.

One other word about the photo you have posted... doesn't it look quite comical with the two "faces" in the background? This was a self-photo of the two of us as we waited to go in the Biltmore House. We were in a crowd of people... still, I think it is one of the funniest photos for background humor!

... Line Drive