Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Astros etc.


Last night Erin and I went to the Astros-Cubs game with our good friends the Matthews. It was their son Eli's first baseball game (he's a month old...). Clearly Brad Lidge didn't get the memo about it being Eli's first game and gave up a home run in the 9th (as is his custom)... and the Astros lost in 18. Follow the link to Jason & Julia's blog for some pictures.

Battlecat has gone completely insane recently...... I decided it would be a good plan to let her shred some of my old undershirts..... as it turns out... that was unwise. Battlecat has taken to running laps around our coffee table and she likes to put her paws on Erin's lap regardless of Erin's physical location (In Bed... Standing in the Living Room.... on a couch... in the bathroom).

Erin and I have a bad habit of starting long movies after 10PM... which automatically makes a movie suck, even if it could have been good had we viewed it at a normal hour... the resulting effect is that we now watch the Gilmore Girls pretty much exclusively when we have some free time to watch something.

Whatever longings Erin and I may have had for a child... our desires are now being met by two new additions to friends. Erin is spending Friday afternoons watching Abby G (our neighbors daughter), and we see Eli Matthews with some frequency.... I even hold Eli... although I'm still pretty clueless about what you do with a baby when they are awake and squiggly....

I am currently working on a plan to breed Battlecat with an Alpaca to create a race of 'Battlepacas' that will eventually become the dominant species on the planet.... for further info on alpacas visit: www.ilovealpacas.com

4 comments:

John Roberson said...

You've made me bust out laughing for "Battlepacas."

Paul said...

Hey Jake, in case you need an alpaca, there is an entire alpaca farm up the road from me. Also, the 4th of July parade here had alpacas in the parade!

The Bearded said...

You watch 'Gilmore Girls'? I thought you were a Broncos fan.

Anonymous said...

I am with the Bearded, Gilmore Girls? Gayness...

But if you it brings you closer to the wife, your a man....

Only married men can appreciate the post-modern cojoined truth in these conflicting truths.