Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Went to San Francisco

After being rebuked for starting a blog and never posting, I wanted to
write a quick post.... a teaser if you will.

This weekend, I drove to San Francisco w/ 13 of my nearest and dearest in
Holladay Baptist Church's van (which seats 15). Just hop on I-80 and
you're there (in 11-14 hrs depending on stops & traffic in CA). We went
for Golden Gate Theological Seminary's Missions Conference. The theme was
spiritual warfare on missions.... and there was a seminar on demonic
posession amongst other interesting topics... made all the more
interesting by the fact that this was an SBC (southern baptist convention)
conference. My wife was hanging out in NYC w/ her mom, sister, and
aunt.....she was supposed to go for a med school interview, but as it has
been determined that we are off to Houston, and she already had bought
tickets... they all went and had a good time....w/o me.... I've never been
to NYC.

Meanwhile, back at Wayne Manor:
Interestingly enough, most of the seminars were by people who had nothing
to do with the seminary. The seminary is located in Marin County, just
north on 101 from the Golden Gate Bridge... and it was very green and
lush. I shacked up with Erin's brother Josh for the weekend.....his wife
will despise him, as Josh worked on perfecting his boxing out techniques
whilst he was asleep....

The guys successfully sabotaged the girls through a variety of cloak and
dagger-esque manuevers including the use of (but not limited to): pillows
(bed and couch), couch cushions, 1 bucket o' water, 3 half-naked men, and
mild hallucinations of llamas.

I don't have time to get into my thoughts on the conference just yet.....
So I'll post a question - the subject of my next post and you can leave
your thoughts:

If someone asked you - What's God doing in your part of the world....
What would you say?

grace and peace

No comments: