Sunday, July 14, 2013

Vigil Family Reunion



Judah and I were able to make a special trip to Utah at the end of June for a Vigil family reunion.
We began our time in SLC with a trip to the Hogle Zoo with Grandma, Abuelita and Elliana.

We were able to see Grandma's favorite, the elephants...and caught mommy and baby nuzzling
Posing with Mommy's favorite

Judah and Elli in front of the bears

video of the really cool polar bear

Then Papa Joe came for a visit before we headed out to Duchesne/Vernal

Then we spent two days on the lake, first Starvation and then Red Fleet
Judah was so excited about the water he could just NOT wait to touch it...so I hung him over the side of the boat and put his feet in :)



He also enjoyed driving the boat with his cousin Ayden
Cousins
He also really liked playing in the mud and water



All the Vigil cousins, who haven't been together in years and years!!!
All the cousins with their babies :)  It was so fun to have everyone together, especially all the babies!
We ended our time at the lake by taking Judah and Ayden on a gentle tube ride.  Ayden fell asleep and Judah kept saying "more, more"
All in all this little sailor very much enjoyed his time at the lake!
It was also my first time traveling alone with Judah, and he did a pretty good job. He is an active toddler though and 5 minutes after we had gotten onto the last plane, the man sitting in front of  us turned around and said "stop touching my seat."  This is not going to go well I thought, as one of Judah's favorite activities on a plane is taking everything out of the seatback pocket and putting it back in, over and over again!  I knew Judah was tired, so I picked him up and said "Do you want to go night-night?"  Amazingly, he laid his head on my chest and went to sleep and slept the entire flight!!!  Judah never goes to sleep that easily, so that was definitely God's grace to me!
Here he is enjoying a snack while we wait for our luggage
Once the suitcase was emptied I guess he thought it would make a good seat
He tried to buckle himself in with the straps :)
And I see all these picture show well that his legs are very long!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing Erin. I think he takes after his grandma, loving the water so much! We'll have him skiing in no time.

Anonymous said...

I am so sad that I missed seeing you both in SLC from Maureen