Saturday, January 30, 2010

January's Exciting Events

-jake completed a half-marathon...in under 2 hours no less

-erin circumcised 2 baby boys

(this is quite an accomplishment in a hospital with a predominately Hispanic population; I had zero opportunity for circumcisions my first month on newborn)

-we paid off our car

-we started paying back student loans

- jake preached: http://kaleohouston.com/mp3/Kingdom%20Demonstrations.mp3

-erin finally purchased a fancy new sewing machine, after looking and saving for 1 year +...and now that the material has also arrived, i hope to furiously sew jake a university of utah blanket in the next few days before i start a very busy rotation

-we were invited to sit courtside at a rockets game (for one quarter), and saw former Ute Andre Miller play up close


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

given the photo, Andre Miller looked much better when he was in college. Glad you had a nice time. Love Dad & Mom U

Unknown said...

Congrats on the half! Come out to SL in April and run one with me! I need some motivation! I guess if Erin is sewing then it's time for me to learn, everyone is getting all domestic on me! :)

Kara said...

WOW! I'm very impressed with your list. AWESOME job (except maybe the circs. Glad I'm not you on that one. :)).

Juanita G. Allen said...

I agree, wow, great accomplishments, great job Jake, see you in April for the Salt Lake half marathon.

Erin, I can hardly wait to see your sewing machine and your creations.

Andre, hmm, no front end pics?

Love mom