Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Another Chapter Begins

Around graduation and the weeks since, people keep saying to me..."You're a doctor...how does it feel?" In truth it has all been rather surreal...especially considering that I haven't actually been working for months, but rather playing :) But interestingly, the thing that made it seem real to me was when I went to buy new long white coats.

Tomorrow my residency officially begins...I will go to clinic in the morning...and I will be a doctor. Though I officially became a doctor a few weeks ago, tomorrow it will be real.

I will introduce myself as the doctor, I will write orders or prescriptions...and no co-signature is necessary, mine is it!

Naturally I am very nervous, but this is it...I am a doctor.

6 comments:

Julia said...

Jason just put his long white coat on for the first time yesterday, too! We'll have similar blog pictures.

Meghan said...

Congratulations Dr. Umbriaco!

Juanita G. Allen said...

You will do a wonderful loving job with all those children, they will be blessed to have you exam, educate and love on them. I am praying for you today, love MOM

Unknown said...

Wow! I don't even know what to say beside congratulations! Please move here so you can take care of my babies! Juanita said it perfectly, I agree 100%!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Please give us an update on your first official day...Dr. Umbriaco
Love
Mom Umbriaco

Sarah H said...

Congratulations!!! :)