Thursday, March 19, 2009

Match Day

It's finally official...I matched...I will be doing residency in
Pediatrics at Baylor College of Medicine/Texas Children's Hospital!
Here are a few pictures of the festivities:
Tearing the paper off the board to reveal The Match results at 11am

Everyone searching for the envelope that holds their future...
Lori & I with our Match Results.

She is headed to Baylor in Dallas for Pathology...just as she wanted :)
Jake & I with my Match The Matthews' Family with their 1st choice Match in Emergency Medicine in Delaware
With Luke & John- 2 of my classmates with Utah connections (both BYU grads...boo!), and nearly the only 2 Mormons I know in Texas,
a very strange thought, being from Utah...
(and now they are both leaving)

11 comments:

Irish Eyes said...

Congrats Erin! The local news out here covered Match Day for one of the Chicago schools too. They were saying there were 3000 students for 2400 jobs...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your match for residency. Joe & I are very proud of you. We are looking forward to seeing you at Graduation.
Maureen

Anonymous said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! I want my own match day...too bad I am not in Med School.

Juanita G. Allen said...

Erin and Jake, Congrats, words cannot say how proud I am of you both, for your finishing med school and for your support of her accomplishment. God is good and faithful for He know the plans He has for you, plans to prosper and not to harm, plans to give you a future and a hope! Love, MOM

Kara said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The Match is so stressful, so I'm glad that it's over and done with for you! Was Baylor your #1 pick? Erin, that's so great that you are doing exactly what you dreamed to do. I'm so happy for you and Jake...

Doug and Jessica said...

Yippeee! Congrats to the smartest girl I know!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Erin!

-Joel

Corey and Jenni said...

Congratulations Erin!!! We are so proud of you! What an amazing accomplishment! We praise God with you for His faithfulness!

Unknown said...

How exciting, dreams really do come true! I remember wghen we were little and you wanted to be a pediatrician and now it's finally here! I knew you would do it! Now as far as those two mormons in Texas...you need to meet a few more single ones and send them my way! :)

jake and erin said...

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Carrie- I just found out one of them is single again...but he's moving to Ohio...do you want to move...because he's a really great guy :)

Dan's Mom said...

Hi ya'll from Jim's sister "Aunt Patsy"...
Congrats to Erin. And I really enjoy seeing all the happy family photos in your blog. It give me reason to feel optimistic that only a small part of the world is going to hell in a handbasket, not the whole world! Yay.