Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Just in Case You Didn't Know

This month I am back to sitting in the classroom all day, 5 days/week, which after 2 years of not being in the classroom, is very hard to do, even if the material is interesting. I am taking an elective called "Intensive Course in Tropical Medicine" towards completion of the international health track here at Baylor...and have been learning more about all kinds of diseases we rarely see in the US (though we do see some of them here in Houston, where we take care of a large immigrant population) & looking at stool samples under the microscope for parasites! Nematodes, Cestodes, Flukes, Spirochetes, Rickettsia...Fun, huh?
At least its my 2nd to last rotation of medical school!


On a mostly unrelated note, we were at a friend's birthday party the other night...and several of our friends like to ask me medical-related questions, so I was answering some question which somehow lead to a discussion of how locating the urethra in women can sometimes be difficult...which lead to me providing 2 examples in which this is especially true...one of which was a story my friend Jenni recently shared with me...which I won't share here, to spare the faint-of-heart readers of this blog the details...to which one of the boys responded, "What? Girls don't have prostates?" Much to my amusement :)
Then a later that evening, all this was being relayed again to another guy who also seriously responded, "What? Girls don't have prostates?"
So just in case you didn't know...Girls don't have prostates.

4 comments:

Juanita G. Allen said...

Oh my, I cannot believe this, perhaps I should consider this when treating women and their husbands are present, perhaps??

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not sharing the details.

Corey and Jenni said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!! I bet that made sharing this story even funnier than it already is!
Jenni

Anonymous said...

HaHa!! Classic. We had fun with you guys at the Rawlings the other night. Thanks for going with us. :)

Beth