Monday, July 21, 2008

Chasing Squirrels


Another post about the dogs, because otherwise there isn't a lot to blog about. With the exception that we were able to acquire tickets to a Broncos game this year and will be making a stop in Denver for the game on our way to Jonathan's wedding in September!

I have had a couple of easy weeks of rotations over the past couple of months on Anesthesia and Gynecology, both at the VA hospital, which the dogs enjoy because it means we go to the dog park more. At the time of day we go, there usually aren't too many dogs...but Battlecat & Kelsey don't seem to mind as fewer dogs = more squirrels and birds around to chase. As you can see Kelsey is very enthusiastic and has attempted to climb trees.


Jake is working a lot on his big project and has to call-in to 7:30am meetings everyday (even on the weekends) as they are drilling a well on his project. I have been sleeping a lot! Just ask Jake :) I am on Gynecology, which is mostly clinic, meaning the majority of days this month I haven't had to be to work until between 8-9am...which is amazing for med school. So I am getting all the sleep I can this month, because next month is Labor & Delivery and will include very long days with 4 am mornings and a week of nights :(

I just keep telling myself it's my last core rotation (hooray!)...after this I get to do only things I want to do. I don't think I've mentioned on the blog yet how very excited I am to be a 4th year...I can't believe I've actually made it this far sometimes, but I am so excited!!!! And though the Personal Statement I need to write for my residency application is still looming over my head, most of my thoughts are devoted to planning how I am going to spend the several months I will have off this year!

2 comments:

Chris said...

sweet about the broncos tickets! hope we can see you guys when you're in denver.

Anonymous said...

Can Aly come chase squirrels too?!