Sunday, September 17, 2006

Lake House/Layton/Exams

Lots of things have happened since the last post:

Battlecat discovered that water is not such a bad thing as she made her first ever trip into a body of water (other than our bathtub). She really wanted to eat a duck... but alas ducks are wise to these types of things. Battlecat roamed the backyard of the lakehouse freely and played with Tank & Trolley - she came when called (with two exceptions!) and discovered that one of her life's passions is chewing on blocks of wood!

Jason and I built a Deck.... Julia hung out with her main squeeze Eli, and Erin studied....

I went to the SLC this past week for work. When I finished with work, I got to hang out with many people. Here are some of the highlights:

I got to talk social activism and oil companies with E-Pac and his crew.
I had lunch with Sam and Jonathan Hays
I had dinner with Jonathan and Christina (who seems to love lil' Jon-Pow in spite of his recent fashion/facial hair salute to 3rd World Refugees)
I went to O2: J-Rad brought the Word, and I got to see many friends who I've missed dearly
After O2: Went over the Jonathan and Sarah's (w/ Jonathan/Christina/J-Rad) We watched old Salt Co skits on DVD, and Stella licked me when I tried to kiss her... she was quite giggly.
I saw Sean and Rachael... Rachael was making some sort of pound puppy backpack.... so Sean and I retreated to the man cave for discussion.
I saw Chad and Sarah - we drank some coffee and had a really good discussion on Africa, Skid Row, etc.
I had breakfast @ Ruth's with my Dad, Joel, and Jonathan....Ruth's biscuits change my life and it was awesome to see my brothers at the same time.
I had lunch with my mom @ ZCMI center..... taco maker...mmmm....
I had dinner with my family and Juanita and Joshnita at TGI Fridays..... Josh drove.... and I have to say that he is a beautiful man and did a great job.
I hung out with my mom & dad all day Saturday!
I missed Erin the whole time..... and I missed Battlecat.

I'm back in Houston now... Kaleo had our first official meeting at our new meeting space.... The portable church crew did a sweet job and Bill is preaching through Ruth (you read that right....).

While I was gone Battlecat staked claim to much of the upstairs.... I've been taking her for walks and playing with her to tire her out... and once she falls asleep.... I will enlist the services of her arch nemesis - the vacuum cleaner and we will re-claim the upstairs space.

The next two weeks are going to be tough for us. Erin is taking exams which means she will be studying 24 hrs a day. Please pray for her strength and resilience that studying wouldn't overwhelm her and that I can be a servant to her especially over these next two weeks.

7 comments:

The Bearded said...

Several thoughts...
1) I'll take the win over KC even if your lifetime goal was not met
2) I wish I could have been part of the social activism/oil company discussion
3) Africa's a big place--do you have a 'tug' for any specific region? Curious...

Yo-Mo-Fo said...

Jake, Erin, and my beloved Battlecat. Oh Battlecat there is none like you. Anyways that is besides the point, the reasoning for my blogging is this - Jake I miss you. I miss your musk. I miss your scent. And I miss your appealing waxed unibrow, it makes me weak at the knees. I'm in Oregon now, pray for that.

Danny said...

Good to hear another update. How is the E-than A-rwen team?

Anonymous said...

You came to SLC and didn't call me...RUDE!!

Anonymous said...

You came to SLC and didn't call me...RUDE!!

Paul said...

Jake,

What do you mean by 'social activism'?

jake and erin said...

Sticky - by social activism in the broadest sense I mean: caring for the poor and needy whether they are in Africa or next door......

Specifically we were talking about alternative energy and human rights issues in Africa.

Jess - I was too sad to call you as Battlecat was not with me, and being w/o my beloved Battlecat I couldn't bear the sight of Alamo. I'm really sorry I didn't call. I actually passed your apt complex when I was lost trying to find the freeway... but I was already 20 min late to pick my mom up for work so I couldn't stop by. I did wave though... But fear not... Erin will be there in a couple of weeks, and I have no doubt that she will be in touch.

Danny - E-Pac and the Mrs. are doing well.... working one week...out of town the next... which is wearing on them a bit. Their house is under construction too....I'm sorry I didn't call you either... I thought I might see you at Salt Co

Chris - no LOTR... way more old school - I do apologize for my online delinquencies... trailing my crazy canine has become something of a full-time profession.

A-Mobilizer - you light my furnace. I'm glad we talked yesterday.

John Harty! - I wish you'd been around for that discussion as well... in fact... we should have a discussion over Mexican food sometime soon.