Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Happy Birthday Battlecat!

Sat. June 10th was Battlecat's 1st Birthday (and my 25th....),

We celebrated with new toys, tummy scratches, and long walks. We gave Battlecat a soccer ball toy with 4 ropes for tugging attached to the ball. The ball contained a noisemaker, so whenever she bit the center of it, an announcer's voice could be heard saying "He shoots.... He SCORES! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL" It's pretty awesome... any time Battlecat bit that part of the ball she'd freak out....she'd dance around and bark... and then as soon as the voice stopped, she went back to chewing the ball!


After we celebrated Battlecat's birthday, Erin and I went with some friends to Doneraki's. Doneraki's is a Mexican restaurant here in Houston. When I was here 3 yrs ago for an internship, my friend Hieu (on my right in the picture) and I would eat there all the time. It was close to where he lived, and the menu's stated that it is the "Most Authentic" Mexican Restaurant.... who can pass that up?

Anyway, we were all at the restaurant eating and hanging out... and this mariachi band comes out and starts playing for a large group near us in the restaurant..... after they are done playing... Hieu disappears to 'go to the bathroom.' Shortly after his return I was swarmed, and the next thing I new, I was wearing a sombrero and I had whip cream on my face from the spoonful of dessert the waiter served me... while I was still stunned from the donning of the 300 lb. sombrero.

We had a great time at the restaurant and then went back to our place for cake and ice cream. A couple others came over and we sat around and talked while Battlecat entertained all with wit, charm, and soccer ball.

Today Jason (also pictured above with his wife Julia) taught Battlecat to catch a tennis ball in her mouth. Battlecat's previous experience with balls mostly involves chewing them to pieces.... sometimes we'll throw it, and she'll go and pick it up.... but she never brings it back... she just gets bored and walks off..... but now we've got a new move to work on.

Erin has finals starting on Friday and then she's officially a 2nd Year Med Student!!!!!!!!!!

We're going to Belize for a week after she finishes and we're really excited. We're staying in an amazing hotel (www.ramons.com) and will post pictures of our trip sometime before December.

Other than that... I am freaking out about the World Cup.... tomorrow I'll be quite distracted in the morning.... go USA, and go Italia!

2 comments:

John E said...

I can't believe you are only 25!! Happy birthday to you and the Battlebeast.

How did you like the USA vs Italy match? Some of the lamest red cards I have ever seen!!! Enjoy the football...

John

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday! You share it not only with Battlecat, but Ana'el as well. Good times.